Alleghany Health Wishing you a safe, healthy holiday season
Here are safe steps you can take if hosting a holiday gathering this year:
• Consider a small outdoor meal.
• Limit the number of guests.
• Assure guests understand expectations for celebrating together.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and items between each use.
• Wear a mask and safely store your mask while eating and drinking. Open windows.
• Make sure to mask and open windows if celebrating indoors.
• Limit the number of people in food preparation areas.
• Have guests bring their own food and drink.
• Have one person serve food and use single-use options like plastic utensils.
If attending a gathering, steps to be safer:
• Wear a mask and safely store your mask while eating and drinking.
• Follow the 3W’s as much as possible.
• Avoid going in and out of the areas where food is being prepared or handled.
• Use single-use options, like salad dressing and condiment packets and disposable food containers, plates, and utensils.
Knowing your risk for contracting covid or the flu can help you decide what activities to attend this holiday season.
Lower Risk activities include:
• Eating dinner with only the people in your household.
Moderate Risk activities include:
• Small outdoor dinner with family and friends.
• Small outdoor sports events.
• Reverse parade events.
High Risk activities Include:
• Large indoor gatherings with people outside of your household where no one is practicing the 3 W’s.
• Attending traditional parades.
• Attending large outdoor sports events.
Wishing you and yours a safe and healthy holiday season!
Alleghany Health Staff
“People you Know. Care and Trust. Here when you need us.”